Join Middlebury College graduate and Beijing native Yu Wang in a friendly and fun environment at Pittsfield's all volunteer library this summer. We are planning two series, one for children on Saturday mornings, and one for adults and teens on Wednesday evenings. We'll kick off the evening series with a Chinese dumpling party on Thursday June 1st from 5 to 7. Bring a rolling pin and your appetite and Yu will show you how to make Cinese dumplings. This is a great chance to learn about China and spend some time with other curious members of your community.
Our Saturday morning kids program will follow in the tradition of our Summer Special Saturdays. We'll have crafts, stories, games and projects, but this summer, thanks to Yu, all with a Chinese theme. Please join us for the fun every Saturday from July 10th to August 14th at 9:30am. More volunteers are needed to make this program happen. If you're interested in lending a hand please contact the library at 746-4067 or email@example.com.
Teen and Adult Schedule:
1. Dumpling Party - Thurs. July 1st 5 to 7pm: Dumplings are humble and homey. Do you want know how to make dumplings and share your them with your family. Join the Dumpling Party. We will make Chinese dumpling step by step. Then, share the delicious dumplings together.
2. Greeting Code - Wed. July 7th 6 to 7pm: Have you ever been to China? Have meet Chinese people? What will be proper greeting manners in China? Handshaking? Hugging? Kissing?! Interested in the Chinese greeting and Customs? Please join us in the Chinese greeting workshop!!!
3. Chinese food and dinning manners - Wed. July 14th 6 to 7pm: Do you like Chinese food? We are going to have a great tour about delicious Chinese food. Where does your favorite Chinese food originally come from and how Chinese people eat them? Want to learn more and about Chinese food? Please join us in the workshop.
4. Today’s China - Wed. July 21st 6 to 7pm: In this workshop, we will have short tour of China and have a look at daily life Chinese people. How Chinese people view Family, education, jobs, government and the USA.
5. Travel In China - Wed. July 28 6 to 7pm: Are you thinking about traveling to China? How to design to your trip? Beijing (Forbidden City, Great Wall), Shanghai, Hong Kong? Any places else to go in China? Have a brief look before you go. Join us for your next amazing vacation.
6. Chinese Holidays and traditions - Wed. Aug 4 th 6 to 7pm: You must hear of Spring Festival and dumplings. Many Chinese festivals can be dated back to thousands years ago with different legends and traditions. Do you what to learn more about Chinese Festival? Join the Holiday Workshop.
sessions 7 & 8 TBD - Wed. Aug 11 & Aug 18 6 to 7pm
Crafts, stories and games - all with a Chinese theme.
Saturdays 9:30am from July 10th to August 14th.
A 2009 poll conducted for the American Library Association found that 96% respondents agreed that public libraries play an important role in giving everyone a chance to succeed because it provides free access to materials and resources.
Saturday Morning Music Mania returns Saturday June 12th and 26th with James Mee at 10am Children and parents can interactively participate with James' songs, stories and riddles. Come out and enjoy our musical fun filled morning.
The program is free and meets at the Roger Clark Memorial Library in Pittsfield, Vt.
DATE CHANGE: June meeting will be held on the 10th at 7pm at the library. New volunteers are always welcome!