Library Professional Job Description
Accepting applications now. Application Deadline 1/18/2021
The Roger Clark Memorial Library in Pittsfield, VT is a small library within a close-knit community that seeks an energetic, enthusiastic part-time library professional dedicated to providing educational, professional, cultural, and recreational information and services for community members of all ages.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work primarily independently, and alongside with other team members to carry out all of the tasks and charges that are required to give excellent service.
- Ability to manage time, to set priorities and communicate with other team members as needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with library patrons of all ages, trustees, volunteers, town officials and other staff members including the ability to deal tactfully, and communicate effectively and harmoniously
- Regular attendance that is punctual and dependable is required.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, climb stools and lift up to 30 pounds.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with the board of trustees to research, plan and implement programming for the library, and other community events.
- Develop and oversee marketing, media strategies and initiatives including web-based, print, and all other venues for the purpose of advancing the library's mission; and keeping with the organization's mission.
- Manage and provide inventive content for the website, social media platforms (Facebook, and other sites).
- Keep the library collection current and organized through collection development and maintenance.
- Develop procedures for recruitment and supervision of volunteers and interns in accordance with the personnel policy.
- Write and implement grants and special projects for the library.
- Keeps current with developments in the library profession. Attends professional meetings and conferences, participates in team planning and goal setting
- Providing regular, written reports of library activity for the board of trustees, the town, and the state, including: Collecting, reporting, and analyzing library statistics
- Perform related work as required; perform work as requested by the board of trustees.
This position includes daytime, evening, and Saturday hours. Anticipated hours will be 15-20 per week with pay based on experience ranging from $15-$20 per hour.
Please email resume, with references and a cover letter to the Board of Trustees at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application submissions made on job platforms sites will not be accepted. Application deadline is Monday, January 18th. The Board of Trustees will be contacting selected applicants for interviews starting Monday, January 25th.