Using icing and an exciting selection of candy, each child will decorate and take home an individual pre-made gingerbread library of graham crackers. Moms, Dads, Grandparents and Caregivers, you are welcome to share in the fun and decorate a gingerbread house too! Thursday, December 13th 3:45 – 5:00 pm at Pittsfield's Roger Clark Memorial Library. Buses from both Stockbridge and Killington Elementary School have a stop right at the Library! Sign up Deadline: Saturday, December 8th To sign up email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or call Dana @ 746-8756
The Night Before The Night Before Christmas - Dec. 23rd
Come Celebrate with Caroling and Xmas Movies in Pittsfield!
We’ll sing along the Pittsfield Green, then head upstairs to our new Library space for a kids’ pre-Christmas tradition. Kids bring pillows, blankets and even wear PJs. We'll have hot cider & cookies then snuggle down to watch classic Christmas movies.
Sunday December 23rd 6 to 8 pm
if you are joining us for Caroling we will meet at 6pm sharp
Families are welcome to come for Caroling, or stay for the whole program.
Library Volunteer & Trustee Meeting - Thursday Dec. 5th at 6pm
It may seem like progress is slow, but our all volunteer library is getting things done. Our volunteers have put all our recycled shelves in place and safely secured them to the walls, added casters to our low shelves so they can be moved aside for program space, designed new signage, researched and purchased new inexpensive software to catalog books, applied for grants to provide internet service, and done Black Friday shopping to purchase 2 computers for the library. All this while programs including our Halloween book give away, candy drop, and Christmas programs are under way. Did I mention that we are ALL volunteer? Can you pitch in?
What YOU can do:
- Come to our meetings and get involved. Click here for his week's agenda.
- Volunteer to for shifts when the library is open (starting soon Tuesdays & Thursdays 3 to 6pm). We will train you.
- Help us catalog and shelve books. Let us know if you are interested, we'll set up a work schedule.
- Have an interest you'd like to share? Start a book club, do a cooking demo, run a kids program.
- Tell your friends and neighbors about us, and encourage them to get involved.