- Treasurer's report presented and accepted. Eunice agrees to post report.
- Donation in memory of Don Flynn acknowledged. Karen to write note of appreciation to The Ranzetta Family Charitable Fund.
- Erica reports on success of Cookbook Fundraiser. Ten books left. Overwhelming success of project noted.
- Halloween Book Giveaway reviewed. Likely 75 books given away to trick-or-treaters, toddlers to t'weens. Collected candy delivered to homes along/near the green. Some present noted that drivers on Route 100 driving inconsiderately fast on Halloween. Suggestion made that as a community service trustees reach out to Fire Dept next year to place cones or flares to slow traffic.
- Sharon and Erica report having purchased a number of new Adult and Young Adult books and having acquired 35 Early Readers and Children's books from the Vermont Department of Libraries. Sharon also acquired a number of new Children's books from a friend. Most of these have been catalogued and placed on shelf.
- Erica suggests possible donation to Kickstarter venture to promote quality media material for children. Trustees will review options.
- Telephone service discussed. Decision made to cancel Vonnage and seek service from Fairpoint, either independently or via Town Office. Erica will investigate.
- Sharon will explore possible replacement for label maker and replenish office supplies as needed.
- Decision made to implement a respectful computer policy/advisory. MArion and Eunice to devote attention to this.
- Erica presented anticipated budget of $275 for next Summer Reading Program.
- Report made that Dan expressed willingness to lead the Gingerbread House project. Eunice to confirm.
- Karen suggests more shelving needed to house non fiction collection. She will follow up.
- Work day suggested. No commitments made. Flash workday a possibility.
- Future programming discussed and all present encouraged to come to next meeting with suggestions for two possible programs (including details of who, what, when and how much) for varied age groups. Possibilities mentioned- cheese making, knitting, yoga, ti chi, cartoon studies, astronomy night, snowshoe event, music with James Mee, game night.
Present: Marion Abrams, Eric Hurd, Sharon Mayer, Eunice MacDonald-Rice, Karen Waterworth
One Time Meeting Change - Tuesday, 05/10/2022 at 5:30pm
Board of Trustee Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 5:30 pm at the library. To join remotely, go to https://meet.google.com/gve-yynu-wug We look forward to community members joining. Our monthly meetings are for planning upcoming events and brainstorming ideas. We'd love your input!