Roger Clark Memorial Library
Trustee Meeting in the Library
Meeting was called to order at 3:00 pm. Erica Hurd, Cynthia Bryant, Amanda Barrett, Coral Hawley, and Betty Warner were in attendance.
- Meeting minutes from 4/10/18 accepted with modifications.
- Treasurer report: Cynthia Bryant will be the new treasurer effective April 2018 replacing Martha Beyersdorf. There will be two signers on the checking account at Bar Harbor Bank & Trust. They are Erica Hurd and Cynthia Bryant. Only one signer is necessary on check-writing.
- Treasurer provided a check for Heather Harvey for the May 18th kids yoga event.
- Board Member listing: Erica Hurd-Chair, Cynthia Bryant- Treasurer, Amanda Barrett - Secretary, Coral Hawley - Support, Betty Warner- Support
- Reviewed library emails
- CLiF book giveaway occurred 4/23/18 and 4/25/18. Final forms and information regarding the grant need to be finalized over the next couple of weeks.
- Yoga class changed to 5/18/18 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Reviewed Green up day event: Good content and a special thanks to Ethan for providing some materials.
- Book club meeting 1st meeting discussed. Snacks will be provided.
- Library Hours discussed. Discussed new hours: 6/7/18 though end of summer open Thursdays 3-6 p.m.
- Peter Welch’s office called about the medals. Erica reached out and provided documentation that advised Roger Clark had received the Purple Heart. The goal is that specific medal would be received by Veterans Day. Medals will be added to the frame.
- 12 boxes of books donated April Hayden for potential library books and book sale. Flip through books to make sure that nothing is in the books.
- Book purchase request and approval: Vermont and Outsiders inside view by Edward Rubin. Princess in Black – Youth books. We have the first book and it was agreed to purchase the rest of the series.
- Passport – Erica will print letters and advise when ready. Trustees will go to assigned local businesses to discuss.
- Facebook posts for upcoming events - Betty and Coral
- Send thank you note to April Hayden – Betty
- Volunteer List and Trustee list will be merged and updated.
- 5/15 Webinar regarding MHEC program which would provides discounts for libraries to purchase books, library materials, and related products – Erica
- May Programming: May 22nd from 3:30-5:00 Spring Crafts “Everyone’s an Artist” Kids program. May 30th 5:30-7ish? Book club meeting.
- June Programming: 6/5 Family craft event 3:30-5:00
- Future programming: Outdoor movie viewing
- Summer programming: Summer Reading 2018 June 19, 26, July 10-17,21,28? Dates to be finalized.
- All About Pittsfield Event: Passport content and layout was approved. Reviewed list of businesses and added a couple. Letter finalized.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:30pm.