Call meeting to order -6:50
In attendance: Coral, Erica, Maya, Cynthia
Approve Minutes - Accepted Cynthia 1st, Coral 2nd
Treasurer’s report - Accepted Coral 1st, Erica 2nd
Librarian’s report -Maya presented a report of what she has been up to and additional questions
- Bazaar follow up - Erica Set up 10x20 ans 10x10 tent on Fri, Setup at 8am, Maya worked 9-1pm and Erica broke down. A lot of work for the return of just under $300 between book sales and book bag sales. Talked about reviewing what to do next year and to have an ongoing book sale in the hallway. Final shirt sales was unknown.
- KOHA-Nov training - Oct 29th @2pm
- Book Club - resched to 16th at the Clear at 6pm
- Air Conditioning-Amanda-tabled
- Roger Clark medals update- Erica had called and was told in 2 weeks they would be ready and before Veteran’s Day.
- Halloween- 10/31 5-7, Cynthia working on getting extra books to give away.
- Program-10/28, 6:30 with Jason Miller. Erica will bake cookies and make witch’s brew
- Fall Programming-Yoga with Heather, proposed 5 week series on Mondays, 5:30-6:15, Nov 18, 25 and Dec 2, 9, 16. $40 a class. Heather will also have program for Jan. Board approved.
- Library Doll House - Erica brought in the gift from the Historical Society to live on the top of one of the rolling shelves. It had been originally built by Carl Ortel and painted by Judy Manley. It was used to collect money for the building to be renovated.
- On-going fundraiser - We will continuously offer T-shirts and bags to be sold year round
- Outdoor Sign- Erica reached out to past board member Sharon Mayer to find out who to contact at Killington sign shop to have outdoor sign updated with new hours and to replace peeling letters. She said Carol Alt retired and Chris Tanner would be the contact.
- Listen Up VT- Suanna Rubin was having trouble accessing books and emailed that she got a message that she could not use previously used #. Erica was going to look into contacting someone to get answers.
- Park House - The board has decided to donate puzzles we have on hand to be included in this years holiday baskets
- Phone line - Suana Rubin and Erica received messages that the library phone # had been disconnected when calls were placed from their home phone #s. Erica has had this as an ongoing problem. No challenges with other phones. Erica was going to contact Consolidated Communications and EC Fiber for help.
- Town Seal - The town clerk emailed the library on behalf of the Selectboard to ask for help with contest to create a Town Seal. The board thought it was a great community project but the deadline was the end of Sept and thus impossible to meet. Erica will email town clerk to let them know.
Adjourn - 7:45