Trustee Meeting - 2-15-22 in person, remote option available.
Present: Cynthia Bryant, Elizabeth (Betty) Warner, Coral Hawley, Amanda Barrett, Diane
Call meeting to order: 5:45 pm
Changes to agenda, add executive session at end of meeting. Amanda motioned to approve,Cynthia seconded; motion carried
Approval of December 2021 and January 2022 Treasurer Report and December 2021 and January 2022 Meeting Minutes
- Accepted by Consent
- Donated skates will be put in shed
- Follow book discard policy
- Summer book program re: collaboration with other local libraries. Independently give information to Stockbridge and Killington Elementary Schools.
- Summer Pittsfield reading program: Last year weekly for six weeks. Read a book then do a craft. Children and adults and children reading contest. Action Item: Cindy and Diane will meet before the next board meeting to draft a tentative summer plan.
- Request to buy cordless phone with speaker phone. Amanda motioned to approve; Betty seconded; motioned carried. Action Item: Cindy will purchase.
- Whiteboard disposal. Action Item: Diane will send an email to Trish to see if the town could dispose.
- Potential collectible books to be sold. Action Item: Amanda will bring to Bookmobile, if not interested then goodwill (previous meeting discussion)
- Two facebook posts will be posted per week. Action Item: Diane will post twice per week and Cindy will also post as a supplement. Betty motioned to approve; Coral seconded; motioned carried.
- School Visits to library: no prior board approval needed. Betty motioned to approve; Cynthia seconded; motioned carried.
- March event for adults via zoom: Diane will share an update and market as appropriate.
- Programming March and April: Kids program take and make. VT Humanities for one month. March seedswap (Diane organize and initiate) collaborate on the end with Amanda for a potential plant swap fundraiser.
- Betty motioned to start Executive session; Coral seconded. Executive Session started at 6:43 p.m. Ended at 7:12 p.m. Betty motioned coral seconded.
Next Meeting: 3/15/22 at 6 pm
Amanda Barrett, Board Secretary