Roger Clark Memorial Library
Trustee Meeting in the Library
Meeting was called to order at 3:00pm. Erica Hurd, Cindy Bryant, Amanda
Barrett, Coral Hawley, and Martha Beyersdorf were in attendance.
● Meeting minutes and financials from last meeting were approved.
● Treasurer Report: Budget was $940 increased to $2,840. Telephone
was set up for auto payment starting 4/15. April internet came out of
internet fund.Cynthia and Martha are scheduled to meet tomorrow to
review information. Martha will submit resignation statement.
● Amanda Barrett, a new board member was introduced.
● Discussed the need for additional library volunteers.
● Ongoing maintenance of Google Drive documentation was discussed.
● Email clean up: Coral will add different tabs to keep the email more
● Coral continues to work on the Reading Zone program and reviewed
○ Decision was made to use mailchimp as a mechanism to deliver
news about reading zone program once details are firmed up.
● Book features on Facebook are garnering some likes.
● Library Policies: Policies have not been updated since 1973. Slowly
updating as time allows. EC Fiber Wifi Policy will be printed and
● All About Pittsfield Event: Passport style program to learn about local
businesses in the area and entrepreneurship. Goal is to have organized
by end of school year with students turning in the passport 2-4 at the
Town Picnic to earn a prize TBD.
● Boxes of books for book sale have been organized in flats along the
● Possible lead on book shelving for book sale books 5’H, 3’W, 14”D.
● Snowshoe storage behind the door in the storage area. 4 hooks total
with 2 for children size, 1 women’s, 1 male.
● Upcoming events:
o CLiF Book giveaway at Killington Elementary 4/23/18 with Jim
O CLiF Book giveaway at Stockbridge Elementary 4/25/18 with
O Green up day / Arbor Day event with Coral and Cynthia 5/4/18
○ Mothers Day Movie – Bad Mom’s II. 5/12/18 7 pm
○ Mothers Day Craft with Betty
○ Kids Yoga 5/18
○ All About Pittsfield- Summer 2018
● Action Items:
○ Review to see if $35 credit was provided by setting up EFT –
○ Experiment more with Readers Zone with goal of using for
summer reading program - Coral
○ Clift Events press releases, Mountain Times to Cover – Erica
○ Bookshelf inquiry – Erica
○ All About Pittsfield
■ Passport layout – Erica
■ Tables for businesses at Town Picnic who don't have
standard hours or open to the public? More consideration.
■ Letter to School – part of summer homework– Coral
■ Review of letter to Businesses – Cynthia
■ Once business outreach letter is approved– all board
members will reach out to local businesses in person to
see if they would like to participate.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:00pm.