Meeting Minutes 3/3/11
Attending: Susie, Marion, Sharon, Traci, Eunice
Treasurers Report: 4757.58 Checking
CDs: 1041.07 Ranney
- Sign up for shifts if you haven't already. Really, please don't wait to be asked.
- Fund Raising Dinner plans-after discussing preliminary plans and dates, it was voted that the Annual Library Fundraiser be revisited and slated for late Spring/ early Summer. Many ideas were tossed around including: pig roast, pizza/salad bar with strong consideration of still having it outside at The Clear.
- Duties and procedures- updates to the duties and procedures list encouraged. The new library opening procedure list is working well.
- Storage of book- Marion made an announcement at town meeting for the need of storage for our books and was approached by several community members. Traci limped and dropped the ball on research into possible storage pods...slated for next meeting.
- Options for books being offered while town building is under construction was discussed. Looking into shelving some books at the General Store with Honor System in place.\
- Discussion about still offering programming while construction is on going, all agreed this should continue as the library has become a place not just for books but community.
- Game Night and Family Potluck slated for Sunday April 3rd from 4-6pm. Eunice to offer Family Cooking/Dining night later in Spring.
- As we usher in our newest trustee, EUNICE!, we say a heartfelt goodbye to the GLUE, the BENEVOLENT KEEPER OF RECORDS, the ENGINE of the library for...a long long time...Susie Martin. She will be missed! Dinner at The Clear, tuesday, March 8th- in honor of her service and dedication to RCML and because we love her.